PARTNERS AND PROGRAMS
Beer Can Regatta
2011 Columbia Beer Can Regatta
Welcome to the 2011 Beer Can Racing Program. The Beer Can Series intent is to have a good time and enjoy racing on Wednesday nights. The Beer Can Series provides the following opportunities:
- Introduces sailboat racing to many individuals new to the sport in a positive, friendly manner.
- Encourages established and entry level racing teams to rotate positions for skill development.
- Builds team confidence for highly competitive weekend races and regattas.
- Creates an opportunity for sailors from area clubs to mingle.
- Presents a viable alternative to Wednesday night bowling.
The Beer Can Racing program starts in early May with the Beer Can Prep School for sailors new to racing. The following Wednesday is the Beer Can College where the sailing instructions for the current year are handed out and discussed. After that, for most Wednesday nights during the summer, we have the actual beer can races. The season ends in September with the Beer Can Bash and a banquet in October where awards are handed out.
Click for more info